The GPhC recognises the qualifications provided by the following awarding bodies:
- BTEC Level 2 certificate in Pharmaceutical science (knowledge based) (500/9579/1)
- Level 2 NVQ certificate in Pharmacy services skills (competence based) (500/9351/4)
City & Guilds
- Level 2 Certificate in pharmaceutical science (knowledge based) (500/9575/4)
- Level 2 NVQ certificate in pharmacy services skills (competence based) (500/9234/0)
UK Map of colleges and centres offering GPhC-recognised dispensing assistant qualifications
List of Providers of pharm technician and dispensing Assistant qualifications [PDF opens new window, 92KB]
Accredited course providers
The following organisations are currently accredited by the GPhC to provide dispensing assistant training courses. The courses provided by these organisations are undertaken by distance learning and contain equivalent content required to meet the knowledge and understanding associated with one or more units of the Level 2 NVQ pharmacy services skills.
Some course providers have been accredited to offer variations of their dispensing assistant training course to provide training to suit those individuals whose role does not cover the full range of duties of a dispensing assistant. For more information on any of the accredited courses listed below please contact the course provider directly.
- Boots UK 'Dispenser Training Programme'
- Buttercups Training 'Dispensing Assistant Course'
- Chemist and Druggist (UBM Medica) 'Benchmark' and 'Stockcheck'
- CIG Healthcare Partnership 'Dispensing Assistant Course'
- National Pharmacy Association 'Dispensary Assistant's Course'
- Scientia Skills 'Scientia DA Programme' and 'Looking after your dispensary stock'
For more information on the GPhC's accreditation and recognition process, please see Approval of courses.