GPhC fees to remain at current levels
The GPhC’s governing council has agreed the organisation’s budget for 2016/17 and decided that fee levels for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy premises will remain at current levels for the financial year 2016/17
Commenting on the council’s decision, Duncan Rudkin, Chief Executive of the GPhC, said:
“We are committed to using registrants’ fees efficiently and effectively. We are therefore planning to reduce our operating costs for 2016/17 so we can maintain registrants’ fees at the current level despite continuing growth in the volume of cases we are having to deal with. It is our intention to achieve greater efficiencies on top of what we’ve already achieved over the past financial year, while continuing to achieve our ambitious aims set out in our strategic and corporate plans.”
The council also discussed the GPhC’s corporate plan for 2016/17 which outlines the priorities for the organisation over the coming year. The five main objectives set out in the plan are to:
- Embed and continue to refine our new approach to inspection
- Sustain improvements in the quality and timeliness of our fitness to practise cases
- Continue to develop a model for continuing fitness to practise
- Review standards for pharmacy professionals, including education standards
- Enhance the experience of our stakeholders through the better use of technology
Continuing to improve our efficiency and effectiveness will be an integral part of our work in achieving those objectives.
The final version will be published shortly.