What to expect from your pharmacy
People using pharmacy services want to receive safe and effective services, and also want the same for their relatives or the people they care for.
We set the standards that pharmacy professionals must follow at all times. The standards for conduct, ethics and performance explain what good care means and what all of us should expect.
Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians must:
- Make patients their first concern
- Use their professional judgement in the interests of patients and the public
- Show respect for others
- Encourage patients and the public to participate in decisions about their care
- Develop their professional knowledge and competence
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Take responsibility for their working practices.
What do pharmacists and pharmacy technicians do?
Report a concern
If you are not happy with the care that you, a relative, or the person you care for has received from a pharmacy professional, then you can tell by using our online form.