13 November 2014
Council meeting 13 November 2014
Meetings of the Council are open to the public, except in occasional circumstances when a session may be deemed to be confidential. If you would like to attend please contact the Council secretary at least two working days before the meeting.
Papers for this meeting (public session)
GPhC Council papers November 2014 (PDF 1.83MB)
Decisions summary and minutes
The main decisions made in public at this GPhC Council meeting are summarised below. Formal minutes for this meeting, agreed by members at the Council’s February 2015 meeting, can be seen here:
GPhC Council Minutes 13 November 2014 (189KB)
1. Attendance and introductory remarks
2. Declarations of interest
3. Minutes of last meeting 11 September 2014 (public session)
4. Actions and matters arising
5. Reporting on the September 2014 registration assessment
6. Corporate plan update and performance monitoring report
7. Chief Executive and Registrar’s Report
8. Draft Equality Strategy 2014-2017 consultation
Decision: The Council agreed that the proposed strategy should be reconsidered by the Executive to support equality through the organisation’s management and planning systems in preference to a stand-alone approach.
9. Review of the GPhC indicative sanctions guidance
10. Review of standards of conduct, ethics and performance
11. Department of Health proposals for language controls
12. Raising concerns policy
Decision: The Council agreed the proposed policy subject to a small number of changes to be approved by the Chair.
13. Policies and procedures review
Decision: The Council agreed the recommendations set out in the paper.
14. Council appointments working group progress report
Decision: The Council agreed the proposals set out in the paper subject to the addition of some wording for clarity.
15. Minutes of Audit and Risk Committee, 15 October 2014
16. Minutes of Remuneration Committee, 25 September 2014
17. Any other public business
18. Declarations of interest
19. Minutes of last meeting 11 September 2014 (confidential session)
20. Confidential actions and matters arising
21. Minutes of Audit and Risk Committee, 15 October 2014 (confidential session)
22. Review of Strategic Risks
23. Any other confidential business