I want an apology, what should I do?

If you want an apology or explanation you should first contact the pharmacy where the incident you are concerned about occurred. Please note that the GPhC cannot force anyone to give an apology.

Most concerns reported about pharmacy professionals can be settled locally and more quickly by the pharmacy professional’s employers.

If you want to report a concern about the provision of an NHS service from a pharmacy, you should contact your local Primary Care Organisation, which might be your local CCG, Scottish NHS board or Welsh Health board.

The pharmacy or NHS hospital where you received your medication will have its own complaints procedures.  Please contact them for details. You can find details of the NHS complaints procedure at the NHS website www.nhs.uk