What won't the GPhC investigate?
The GPhC will not usually consider an allegation which is more than 5 years old, unless it is necessary to do so for protection of the public or otherwise in the public interest. The following concerns will also not be considered as they are outside the remit of the GPhC:
- claims of compensation
- concerns about health professionals who are not registered with the GPhC
- employment issues e.g. hours of work, employment contracts
- non-medicinal products, e.g. faulty hairsprays etc
- contractual issues e.g. hours of opening, charges for private prescriptions
- minor customer service issues
If you are not sure whether or not your concern can be investigated by the GPhC, contact our Customer Service Team on 0203 713 8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.