Who else can help with your concern

Another organisation may be in a better position to deal with your concern if it is about any of the following:

Concerns about other health professionals

You can get the details of the organisations which investigate:

NHS treatment and services

Contact the NHS (or the equivalent health service) first to see what support they can give you.

A hospital

If your concern is about a hospital in England, you can contact your local Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). They will help you make your complaint, either to the hospital or using the NHS’s complaints procedure.

A drug manufacturer

If your concern is about a medicine or drug manufacturer, you can contact the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).

Another type of health professional or health service

If your concern is about another type of health professional, you may want to go to the website for the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care (PSA). The PSA has information about the regulators for all types of healthcare professionals.

You can also go to the Health watchdogs and authorities page to find out more about other healthcare regulators, such as the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).

Or you may want to go to the website for the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The CQC is the independent regulator for health and social care in England. The Care Inspectorate regulates and inspects care services in Scotland and Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales regulates and inspects care and social services for people in Wales. 


The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) can look into complaints about misleading, harmful or offensive advertisements. The ASA can also change or remove an advertisement.

Personal information

The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) deals with complaints from members of the public who believe their personal information has been handled incorrectly. The ICO is responsible for enforcing the rights set out in legislation, including administering the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.  

Something else

If your concern is not about any of these things, you may want to contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau

If we discover that we are not the appropriate regulator to deal with your concern we may ask your permission for us to disclose the concern and any information we have obtained to the appropriate authority. This is to save you having to go through another regulator’s complaints process and to ensure your concern is addressed without extra delay. We would only do this where it was possible to do so and with your permission.


I have read the information above and think the GPhC can help