The following guidance information and templates are for current and potential course providers:
All courses and qualifications:
- Standing conditions of accreditation and recognition
- Request to make changes to approved course/qualifications
- Guidance for students involved in accreditation or recognition events
Foundation Training Year (FTY) Programmes
- Methodology: the initial approval of pharmacist FTY programmes delivered independently of an MPharm degree, June 2022
Master of Pharmacy (MPharm)
- Standards for the initial education and training of pharmacists, January 2021
- Guidance to support 2021 IETP Standards
- Adapted methodology for reaccreditation of MPharm degrees to 2021 standards
- Guidance on MPharm degrees with preparatory year
- Accreditation methodology, MPharm degrees Sept 2013
- MPharm IETP 2021, 4yr reaccreditation part 1 submission template, 2023/24
- MPharm IETP 2021, 4yr reaccreditation part 1 submission template (LOs by domain), 2023/24
If a provider offers a 4-year MPharm programme and a MPharm with preparatory year, the MPharm IETP 2021, 4yr reaccreditation part 1 submission template needs to be completed (please ensure that the separate provision is correctly identified within the submission document via headings, and that the associated appendices are identified by programme type). Please contact the GPhC if you have any questions in respect of the correct submission template to be completed.
Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) degree course taught in part overseas (2+2)
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a template
Overseas pharmacists’ assessment programme (OSPAP)
We are currently reviewing the OSPAP standards. During the interim period, we will continue to use the Standards for the education and training of non-EEA pharmacists wanting to register in Great Britain 2011. Events will take place in the form of interim events, with full commentary under the individual standards, until such time that new standards are published and provision can be fully reaccredited to the new standards.
- Standards for the education and training of pharmacist independent prescribers, January 2019, updated October 2022
- Guidance to support the implementation of the standards for the education and training of pharmacist independent prescribers, October 2022
All providers of newly accredited independent prescribing courses must have a monitoring event after the first cohort of students has completed the course. This includes an evaluation of the clinical skills teaching element of the course.
Application to be approved to implement revised entry requirements
From 1 October 2022, the accreditation and reaccreditation of all independent prescribing courses will be to the revised standards. Any course provider wishing to implement the revised entry requirements before their next reaccreditation process has been completed, should prepare an application using the template below and submit it to the GPhC along with supporting evidence.
- Parts 1 and 2 pharmacy technician submission template, 2023/24
- Parts 1 and 2 pharmacy technician interim submission template, awarding organisation, 2023/24
Support staff (Level 2)
- Parts 1 and 2 support staff submission template, 2023/24
- Parts 1 and 2 support staff interim submission template, awarding organisation, 2023/24
- Part 3 support staff submission template - Apprenticeship Framework England, 2023/24
- Part 3 support staff submission template - Apprenticeship Framework England and National Occupational Standards, 2023/24
- Part 3 support staff submission template - National Occupational Standards, 2023/24