We are consulting on our draft five-year strategy to deliver equality, improve diversity and foster inclusion
The 12-week consultation seeks views on our proposals to be more proactive and joined up in using our regulatory influence and levers to help reform the structures and practices that maintain inequality and discrimination within pharmacy and pharmacy regulation.
About our draft strategy
Our draft strategy sets out three key themes to help transform the GPhC’s approach to equality, diversity and inclusion:
- To make regulatory decisions that are demonstrably fair, lawful, and so free from discrimination and bias;
- To use our standards to proactively help tackle discrimination in all pharmacy settings and make sure everyone can access person-centred care, fostering equality of health outcomes;
- To lead by example and demonstrate best practice within our organisation, holding ourselves to the same high standards we expect of others.
Each theme is underpinned by a series of objectives and strategic outcomes, to help evaluate and measure the success of any changes.
Our proposed strategy emphasises the importance of taking a proactive approach to equality, diversity and inclusion, while improvements to the way data and insights are collected and analysed are being made.
Have your say
The consultation is open until 12 July 2021 and the survey takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.
We welcome feedback from individuals and organisations.
You can also read the consultation document in Welsh [PDF 1.1 MB]
- Draft Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy consultation toolkit - social media guide [PDF 148 KB]
- Draft Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy consultation toolkit - newsletter copy [PDF 169 KB]