We are consulting on changes which will enable more pharmacists to begin their independent prescriber training
We need your views on our proposals to:
- remove the requirements for registered pharmacists to have two years of clinical practice, before they can enrol on an accredited independent prescribing course.
- remove the requirement to have relevant experience in a specific clinical or therapeutic area, before they can enrol on an accredited independent prescribing course.
- retain the requirement that course participants must identify an area of clinical or therapeutic practice to focus on during the course.
Have your say
The consultation is open until 23 November 2021 and the survey takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. We welcome feedback from individuals and organisations.
- Read the consultation document to see our proposals in full [PDF 599 KB]
- Respond to the consultation
Help us spread the word
These resources are designed to help you share this consultation: