We are seeking feedback on a proposed permanent change to our procedural rules to give us the express legal power to conduct hearings and meetings by teleconference or videolink.
During the COVID-19 pandemic we held some hearings remotely by videolink. The success of these remote hearings and the positive feedback from those taking part has demonstrated to us that remote hearings should also be an option beyond the pandemic. We are seeking views to help inform our next steps and guide our long-term approach to remote hearings.
We are seeking views on:
- our proposed permanent change to our procedural rules to enable us to continue to conduct some of our hearings remotely;
- the positive and negative impacts of continuing to hold some hearings remotely on patients and the public, pharmacy professionals and individuals or groups sharing protected characteristics
- the advantages and disadvantages of holding remote hearings and any circumstances when a hearing should not be held remotely.
Have your say
The consultation is open until 8 February 2022 and the survey takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. We welcome feedback from individuals and organisations.
- Read the consultation document to see our proposals in full [PDF 585 KB]
- Respond to the consultation
Help us spread the word
These resources are designed to help you share this consultation: