What to expect from your pharmacy
We set the standards that pharmacy professionals must follow at all times. The standards for pharmacy professionals help to make sure that people using pharmacy services receive safe and effective care and set out what all of us can expect from pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
Pharmacy professionals must:
- provide person-centred care
- work in partnership with others
- communicate effectively
- maintain, develop and use their professional knowledge and skills
- use professional judgement
- behave in a professional manner
- respect and maintain the person’s confidentiality and privacy
- speak up when they have concerns or when things go wrong
- demonstrate leadership
What do pharmacists and pharmacy technicians do?
Report a concern
If you are not happy with the care that you, a relative, or the person you care for has received from a pharmacy professional, then you can tell by using our online form.