We are looking for a Legal Advisor to provide high quality advice on the GPhC’s powers, functions and duties and wider regulatory, commercial, and public law matters, and to work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver our Vision of safe and effective pharmacy care at the heart of healthier communities.
Closing date : 28 March 2023 (12pm)
Interview dates: TBA
Salary: Qualified candidates: £46,330 - £48,688, per annum depending on skills and experience, plus benefits.
For candidates not yet legally qualified in England and Wales: £38,033 - £43,971 per annum, depending on skills and experience, plus benefits.
Location: Canary Wharf, London (hybrid working approach)
Hours: 35 hours per week, from 9.00 to 5.00, Monday to Friday
Follow this link for details on how to apply
This is an exciting new opportunity for a Legal Advisor qualified in England and Wales with up to 3 years post qualification experience (PQE) or due to qualify in England and Wales no later than December 2023, to join our Corporate Affairs directorate and sit within the heart of the organisation, advising our Senior Leadership Group, Council and other senior stakeholders whilst also working on high profile cases and policy.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a varied and engaging workload, ranging from legal policy, contracts, litigation, and development of legislation affecting the GPhC.
- Join a small, friendly, enthusiastic, and forward- thinking team, building close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Take a collaborative, inclusive and proactive approach to work, with a focus on high standards and continuous learning and improvement.
- Work with colleagues across the team and deputise for the Senior Legal Advisor, broadening your own skillset with the opportunity for further learning and development.
- Be directly involved in key projects that will impact the organisation and help shape future legislation and policy.
- Be self-aware, have effective communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills and possess a keen eye for detail.
- Be a Solicitor or Barrister qualified in England and Wales with a current practising certificate with up to 3 years PQE, or an experienced legal professional expected to qualify as a Solicitor or Barrister in England and Wales no later than December 2023.
- Have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Benefits when joining our team
In return for their commitment and enthusiasm, applicants can expect a rewarding and challenging work environment, good work-life balance and workload plus an excellent benefits package that includes:
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 5 days.
- A choice between two pension providers: NHS pension scheme or Standard Life.
- Flexible working arrangements including reduced hours and home working.
- Career breaks and sabbaticals.
- Private medical insurance, life assurance, season ticket loan, bike loan and many more.
Follow this link to see our benefits guide [PDF 233 KB]
About the GPhC
We are a respected regulatory body that regulates pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain. It’s our role to make sure people receive safe and effective pharmacy care and have trust in pharmacy.
Our organisation has a long-term vision and a desire for highly skilled and specialist staff. We are committed to providing workforce learning and development opportunities.
Following the Covid-19 pandemic, we have adopted a hybrid working approach, which combines office and home working. Staff are predominantly home-based and office attendance depends on the nature of the role and the requirements of the team.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture and are committed to holding ourselves to the same standards we expect of others.
Applying for this role
If you feel you have the required experience and skills and would like to join us, please send your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet each of the criteria for the role, and where you found out about this vacancy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your email subject, please include your name and the role you wish to be considered for. Please note that applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please consult the knowledge and skills section of the role description document below to help you prepare your application:
Legal advisor - role description [PDF170 KB]
We welcome applications from all sections of the community
We are committed to promoting equality, valuing diversity and being inclusive in all our work as a health professions regulator.
As part of your application for this role, please complete our equal opportunities and diversity monitoring form. This form is optional and you don't have to complete it; however it provides us with useful information for monitoring and reporting purposes and is strictly confidential. The information you provide on this form will not form part of any selection process and will not be shared with the selection panel.
Closing date: 28 March 2023 (12 pm)