Other organisations who can help

The following organisations can offer you advice and support.

Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) is an independent charity for patient safety and justice. They provide a free and confidential advice and support service to members of the public affected by a medical accident.

The Patients Association campaigns for improvements to health and social care services across the UK.


Citizens Advice provides free, independent and confidential advice on a wide range of problems. 

Healthwatch England is the independent consumer champion for health and social care in England. Working with a network of local Healthwatch groups, they make sure that the voices of consumers and those who use services reach the ears of decision makers. You can find your local healthwatch group at www.healthwatch.co.uk/find-local-healthwatch

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) considers complaints that the NHS in England or government departments have not acted properly or fairly or have provided a poor service. You can complain to the PHSO if you believe there has been injustice or hardship because an organisation has not acted properly or fairly or has given you a poor service and not put things right.


The Alliance provides a voice for people who are disabled or living with long term conditions and their carers.

The Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) is delivered by Scottish Citizens Advice. The service is independent and provides free, confidential information, advice and support to anyone who uses the NHS in Scotland.

The Scottish Public Services Ombudsman can investigate established complaints if progress is not being made.


Citizens Advice provides free, independent and confidential advice on a wide range of problems.

Local Community Health Councils will give independent advice and support throughout the complaint making process.

The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales can investigate complaints about public services in Wales.