We are committed to providing a high quality service to all the people who use our services, but if something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it.
This will help us to learn from our mistakes and improve our standards — we see this not as a nuisance, but rather as valuable feedback on the quality of our services.
Our aim is to resolve complaints quickly, fairly, simply and confidentially, and to learn from them in order to improve our performance and prevent recurrences. Equally if you have experienced great customer service from our organisation, or you feel someone deserves praise — let us know.
This procedure is for complaints about:
- the standards of service you have received
- the way in which a fitness to practise case or registration attempt was handled
- the behaviour of our staff, or others working on our behalf
- an action (or lack of action) by our staff or others working on our behalf;
This procedure is not designed to deal with:
- Concerns about pharmacists and pharmacy technicians - if you want to make a complaint about a pharmacy professional please use the reporting a concern form
- Complaints you may have about appeals against the outcome of a fitness to practise investigation or registration attempt
- Comments about council policy or current consultations. If you have a comment about our policies then the GPhC will be happy to receive this and it will be considered as part of policy development. You can email us about this.
This procedure is for feedback about the way that the General Pharmaceutical Council carries out its work. For example, if you feel a member of staff has been rude to you, or a query has not been answered quickly enough.
For more information read our guide on giving feedback or making a complaint about our service [PDF 213 KB]
If your complaint is about an individual Council member, please read our procedure for managing complaints about Council members [PDF 393 KB]. You can still submit your complaint using the online feedback form below.
We also have a policy on dealing with unacceptable behaviour and unreasonably persistent contact [PDF 608 KB]
Please take a moment to fill in this online form. Include your name and contact email and also as much detail of your complaint as possible. We will use this information to look into the issue and respond to you. When you have completed the form, we will acknowledge receipt within three working days.