Working outside Great Britain

If you’re currently registered with us and want to work as a pharmacist or pharmacy technician in another country, you’ll need a Certificate of Current Professional Status.

To work abroad, you’ll need a Certificate of Current Professional Status (CCPS) – sometimes known as a ‘letter of good standing’. We can provide this to the regulating body you’re registering with. This’ll confirm you have met our registration criteria and provide information about your registration with us.

What information does a CCPS include?

The CCPS will include:

  • your full name
  • your registered address
  • your date of birth
  • details of your pharmacy education
  • your current registration status
  • details of any current and past fitness to practise matters

The CCPS may include information which isn’t in the public domain.

Log on to myGPhC to apply for a CCPS.



If you don’t have any current or past fitness to practise issues, we’ll send your CCPS directly to the organisation that needs it.

Once we receive your completed form, it’ll take 28 days for us to prepare your CCPS.

The CCPS is usually valid for six months from the date of issue.

For pharmacists, we don’t complete the EUR 3 and EUR 4 forms supplied by the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland, as the CCPS meets all their registration requirements.

We may also receive requests for information directly from registration bodies. We’ll deal with these requests in accordance with the law, including the Pharmacy Order 2010 and the rules made under the Order, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the common law duty of confidentiality.

Fitness to practise

If you’ve previously had a fitness to practise determination, we’ll include a summary of the case and the outcome of the investigation or hearing in your CCPS.

If you’re subject to an ongoing GPhC investigation or have had an allegation referred to our Fitness to Practise Committee, we’ll include a summary of the outstanding matters in your CCPS.

We’ll send you details of any fitness to practise information that’ll be included in your CCPS and ask for your consent to disclose it. Please check this information carefully to make sure it relates to you and is accurate.

We won’t forward the completed CCPS to the organisation that requested it until you have confirmed in writing, within 28 days, that you want to proceed.

The administration fee which covers the preparation of the CCPS is non-refundable, even if you tell us that you don’t want it to be sent.

Your GPhC registration

If you want to stay registered with us while you’re working abroad, you’ll need to complete your revalidation, make your fitness to practise declarations and pay your renewal fee as normal.

Please do look at your emails and log in to myGPhC to check for notifications while you’re out of the UK.

Don’t want to stay registered?

If you don’t want to stay registered with us, you can complete the voluntary removal form to leave the register. Applying for voluntary removal is free, allows you to decide when your entry is removed, and makes it easier and cheaper to re-join the register if you want to. If you re-join within 12 months, the fee you’ll pay is less than if you let your registration expire.

Log on to myGPhC to apply for voluntary removal.