Leaving the register

If you no longer need to be registered with the GPhC, or if you are considering retirement, you can apply to have your details removed from the register.

You can also apply to have an annotation removed from your entry to the register if you no longer wish to be an independent or supplementary prescriber.

Such an application is referred to as an application for voluntary removal of an entry or annotation. No fee is payable for the processing of this application.

NB. Please note that If you wish to restore to the Register, the registration fee will be valid only for the current registration year. A further renewal fee will be required in line with your previous renewal schedule.

How to voluntarily remove your entry or annotation from the register

Download and complete the Voluntary Removal application form, including all relevant declarations.

Voluntary Removal Application Form

Return the completed form to us by post or via email to registers@pharmacyregulation.org. To avoid any delays if you choose to email, please ensure your form is attached as a clearly scanned single pdf file.

Please be advised that if you send your application via post, we recommend that you send your application by registered post and track delivery to ensure it has been delivered.

Once we have received all the necessary information and made sure you are cancelling your registration for the right reasons, we will contact you.

NB. Please note that you will no longer have access to the CPD recording system 28 days after being removed from the Register. We strongly advise that you print any CPD entries, as you may be requested to submit these if you apply to re-join the Register.

Why do I need to apply to cancel my registration?

We understand that there are various reasons why you may want to cancel your registration. However, we need to make sure that you are not removing your details to avoid an investigation under our fitness to practise procedures. That is why you need to complete the declaration that you are unaware of any such matters.

Why do I need to actively cancel my registration — can I not just let it lapse?

If you want to remove your entry or annotation from the register, there are a number of reasons why it is better to do so actively than just letting the entry lapse at the end of the period of validity.

Completing an application for voluntary removal:

  • ensures that the online register describes your status accurately. Once you have cancelled your registration, your name will no longer appear on the register.
  • is normally faster than simply not renewing your registration and allowing it to lapse.
  • allows you to indicate the date on which you wish your name or annotation to be removed. If you would like to be restored to the register within 12 months of the date of removal, your details can be restored by payment of an application fee and restoration fee which in total comes to the same amount as the renewal fee. If you have been removed for other reasons (for example, because you did not pay your annual renewal fee) and you then apply to be restored within 12 months of the date of removal, you will have to pay an application fee and a higher restoration fee.