If want to register as a pharmacist, and you either:
- qualified as a pharmacist outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), or
- are a non-EEA national with an EEA pharmacist qualification (other than a UK-recognised pharmacist qualification)
see the international registration information pack to find out more about what you will need to apply to register as a pharmacist in Great Britain.
Before applying to register
Before you can apply to register as a pharmacist with the GPhC through this route, you must complete:
- an Overseas Pharmacists Assessment Programme (OSPAP)
- 52 weeks of pre-registration training in England, Scotland or Wales signed off as satisfactory by your tutor
- the GPhC registration assessment with a pass result
Meeting these criteria does not necessarily mean you will gain entry to the UK or find employment.
Before you start the qualifying process you should carefully consider information provided by the UK Borders Agency (UKBA) to see whether you will be able to get the necessary visas and work permits. Unfortunately we are not able to answer questions about these issues.