Revalidation: find out which standards you will need to reflect on
More than 39,000 of you due to renew and revalidate by 31 October have successfully submitted your 4 CPD records for revalidation and renewed your registration. And, depending on when you first joined the register, you may be submitting your revalidation records to us for the first time up until 14 October 2019.
In your second year of revalidation, you will need to submit four CPD records, a peer discussion record and a reflective account record. You can find out more about what these activities are and how to record them well on our website.
In your reflective account, you will need to tell us about how you have met one or more of the standards for pharmacy professionals. You will need to:
- tell us briefly about your area of work (the setting of your practice and your main roles).
- tell us briefly who the typical users of your service(s) are
- tell us how you meet the standards for pharmacy professionals we have selected for that year
- give a real example(s) taken from your practice to illustrate how you meet the standards we have selected
To give you the opportunity to think about the content of your reflective account, we want to tell you now which of the standards for pharmacy professionals you need to reflect on. We have decided that these standards should be:
- standard 3 - pharmacy professionals must communicate effectively
- standard 6 - pharmacy professionals must behave professionally
- standard 9 - pharmacy professionals must demonstrate leadership
You will need to reflect on one or more of these standards in your reflective account.
We have chosen these standards because:
- we think they are important right now to assure members of the public that their trust in you is well placed
- they relate well to one another, so it’s easier to provide a single reflective account on all three if you want to do that
- we used standard 3 in our pilot study, so evaluating reflective accounts based on this standard will help us evaluate how revalidation is working
Please remember that if you cannot make your submission deadline for this year because of exceptional circumstances, you should tell us as soon as possible by filling in an exceptional circumstances form in myGPhC, so you can avoid being asked to carry out remedial measures.
This might be because of sick leave, maternity leave, military postings, breaks from practice and possibly other reasons. Usually, if you have a good reason, you will still be able to renew your registration without submitting your records to us.
If you cannot submit all your records, we might be able to accept the records that you can complete. If there are gaps in your records like this, they should not normally be more than 12 months. In other cases, we might be able to give you an extension so that you can submit all your records at a later date.