Our main work includes:
- setting standards for the education and training of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and the pharmacy team
- registering and listing publicly the pharmacy professionals and pharmacies that provide care to patients and the public
- setting standards and guidance for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies which describe how safe and effective care is delivered
- inspecting pharmacies to make sure they are meeting our standards
- requiring pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to carry out and record revalidation activities annually, to demonstrate they are keeping up-to-date and reflecting on their practice
- investigating concerns about the people and pharmacies we register, and taking proportionate action to protect the public
Our work is informed by what we learn from our regulatory activities and by listening to and learning from patients’ lived experience. We share our learning to help promote continuous improvement.