We are consulting on our strategy for how we will manage fitness to practise concerns about pharmacy professionals in the future
This newly developed strategy will help us give patients and the public better protection while being fair to pharmacy professionals.
The strategy proposes to take quick action to protect patients when needed, while at the same time promoting and encouraging a learning culture that allows pharmacy professionals to deal with any concerns and go back to practising in appropriate circumstances.
We are asking for views on the proposed strategy including the following key aspects:
- Strategic aims and outcomes.
- A new approach to assessing concerns once they are raised with us.
- Introduction of several, more flexible, outcomes to conclude a concern, such as using a reflective piece and mediation.
- Addressing any inequalities and bias within decision making.
- Improving the service it provides by being more person-centred.
- Sharing best practice and learning from others.
You can also read the consultation document in Welsh [PDF 1.1 MB]
Have your say
Follow this link to respond to our survey now
The consultation is open until 22 January 2021 and we welcome responses and feedback from everyone (individuals and organisations) who has information and views.