We have produced guidance to support pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to meet the standards for pharmacy professionals.
Our guidance is not mandatory, but provides information and advice to help pharmacy professionals to meet our standards.
In practice: Guidance for pharmacist prescribers
This guidance is intended to help pharmacist prescribers make sure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to provide safe and effective care.
- Read the new guidance for pharmacist prescribers [PDF 931 KB]
- Ar waith: Canllaw ar gyfer presgripsiynwyr fferyllol (Welsh/Cymraeg) [PDF 931 KB]
In practice: Guidance on religion, personal values and beliefs
This guidance is intended to help pharmacy professionals when their religion, personal values or beliefs might impact on their willingness to provide certain services.
- Canllaw ar grefydd, gwerthoedd personol a chredoau (Welsh/Cymraeg) [PDF 896]
In practice: Guidance on consent
This guidance explains the principles underpinning consent.
In practice: Guidance on maintaining clear sexual boundaries
This guidance provides advice on how to avoid breaches of sexual boundaries and the use of chaperones.
- Read the guidance on sexual boundaries [PDF 489 KB]
- Cliciwch yma i ddarllen y ddogfen hon yn y Gymraeg (Welsh) [PDF 595 KB]
In practice: Guidance on patient confidentiality
This guidance explains the steps to take to protect the confidential information obtained in the course of professional practice.
- Read the guidance on confidentiality [PDF 748 KB]
- Cliciwch yma i ddarllen y ddogfen hon yn y Gymraeg (Welsh) [PDF 689 KB]
In practice: Guidance on raising concerns
This guidance explains the role of pharmacy professionals in raising concerns about poor practice or when patients and the public are at risk.
- Read the guidance on raising concerns [PDF 569 KB]
- Cliciwch yma i ddarllen y ddogfen hon yn y Gymraeg (Welsh) [PDF 618 KB]
Joint statement on the professional duty of candour
This statement gives guidance to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians on the professional duty of candour, and the requirement to be open and honest with patients when something goes wrong.
This statement gives guidance on what is expected of all healthcare professionals in relation to avoiding, declaring and managing conflicts of interest across all healthcare settings.
- Read the joint statement on conflicts of interest [PDF 277 KB]
- Mae'r datganiad ar y cyd ynghylch gwrthdaro rhwng buddiannau [PDF 318 KB]
- Read a case study on conflicts of interest
- Read case studies from other healthcare regulators [PDF 461 KB]
Demonstrating professionalism online
This sets out what should be considered by pharmacy professionals when using social media.
- Read the guidance on demonstrating professionalism online [PDF 336 KB]
- Cliciwch yma i ddarllen y ddogfen hon yn y Gymraeg (Welsh) [PDF 369 KB]
Female genital mutilation: mandatory duty for pharmacy professionals to report
This factsheet explains when this mandatory duty applies, and when to follow existing local safeguarding procedures – and how these obligations fit with our standards.
- Read the factsheet on female genital mutilation: mandatory duty for pharmacy professionals to report [PDF 382 KB]
- Cliciwch yma i ddarllen y ddogfen hon yn y Gymraeg (Welsh) [PDF 436 KB]