Revalidation is a process to help you record what you have done to keep your knowledge and skills up to date, and reflect on how you have put this into practice throughout the past registration year.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our revalidation requirements.
Registration renewal deadlines between 30 March and 31 August 2020: you will need to renew your registration but you will not need to submit any revalidation in 2020.
Registration renewal deadlines between 1 September and 30 April 2021: you will only need to submit a reflective account when you renew your registration in 2021.
If your next renewal is due from 1 May 2021, you should plan to submit your revalidation as normal.
During your registration year, you will need to complete:
- four CPD records
- one peer discussion record
- one reflective account record
In your reflective account, you should reflect on one or more of the following standards:
- standard 3 - pharmacy professionals must communicate effectively
- standard 6 - pharmacy professionals must behave professionally
- standard 9 - pharmacy professionals must demonstrate leadership
You will need to create records of these activities in your myGPhC account, and submit these records when your registration renewal is due.
When should I do it?
Keeping your knowledge and skills up to date, reflecting on how this learning has benefitted users of your services, and showing that you do so by recording this in your revalidation record is a continuous process. You should be doing this activity throughout your career, and your registration year as a pharmacy professional.
We recommend that you record what you have done to keep your knowledge and skills up to date as you go along, so that you are better able to reflect on how your learning has benefited users of the services you provide.
This will give you evidence which you can use to support your peer discussion and reflective account, and be ready to submit your complete revalidation record as soon as the renewal window opens for renewing your registration.
What do I need to do?
1. Read the revalidation framework and make sure you understand:
- what records you need to make
- how you need to record them
- what you need to do if you can’t submit the records
- what happens when you submit your records
2. Take a look at the example records and other resources to help you carry out your revalidation.
3. Log in to my GPhC and start recording.
Make sure that your records are complete and ready for submission when your renewal is due.
If you are not able to submit all of the records, you will need to tell us why, and provide evidence by submitting and exceptional circumstances request through your myGPhC account.