We have published our Vision 2030 which sets out an ambitious 10-year vision for safe and effective pharmacy care at the heart of healthier communities. We have also published our Strategic Plan 2020-25 which sets out the work we plan to do in the coming five years to help us achieve our 10-year vision.
General Pharmaceutical Council Chair Nigel Clarke, said:
“During the current COVID-19 pandemic, our focus is on ensuring patients and the public continue to receive safe and effective care.
“Both our Vision and Strategic Plan, while developed prior to the pandemic, have helped guide our response to COVID-19 and will continue to direct our work in the future. We wanted to publish them now to underline our commitment to high quality independent pharmacy regulation and to outline the regulatory and operational measures we will undertake to help us achieve our vision.”
Our Vision 2030 [PDF 240 KB] will focus our efforts on the difference we want to make for patients and the public. The Vision will help us anticipate and respond to significant developments that affect pharmacy and the pharmacy sector, including advances in science and technology and further integration of health and social care, as well as the current coronavirus pandemic.
Strategic Plan 2020-2025
We have set out an action plan for delivery [PDF 315 KB] across five priority areas:
- Delivering an adaptable standards framework that meets rapidly changing public and professional needs;
- Delivering effective, consistent and fair regulation;
- Driving improvements in pharmacy care through modernising our regulation of education and training;
- Shifting the balance towards more anticipatory, proportionate and tailored approaches to regulating pharmacy;
- Enhancing our capabilities and infrastructure to deliver our Vision.
The Vision and Strategic Plan are both available in English and Welsh.