Click on the links below to find resources relating to specific areas of revalidation, as well as help and support from other organisations.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our revalidation requirements. Find out more on our COVID-19 Q&A page
The purpose of the reflective account is to encourage you to think about how you meet our standards for pharmacy professionals in the work you do as a pharmacy professional.
Make sure you carry out your reflective account in good time so you are able to include how your learning has benefited users of the services you provide.
Standards to focus on in your reflective account
If you are due to renew your registration on or before 30 September 2022 you should reflect on one or more of the standards below:
- standard 3 - pharmacy professionals must communicate effectively
- standard 6 - pharmacy professionals must behave professionally
- standard 9 - pharmacy professionals must demonstrate leadership
If you are due to renew your registration on or after 1 October 2022, you should reflect on one or more of the following three standards
- Standard 1: Pharmacy professionals must provide person-centred care
- Standard 2: Pharmacy professionals must work in partnership with others
- Standard 5: Pharmacy professionals must use their professional judgement
Subjects you might want to reflect on
We would encourage pharmacy professionals to reflect on their experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic and/or the ways in which they considered equality, diversity, and inclusion in their practice when completing their reflective account, although this is not essential.
Practise writing a reflective account
Reflective account form and guidance- for practising writing a reflective account
Peer discussion is a learning and development activity that encourages you to engage with others in your reflection on learning and practice.
Make sure you carry out your peer discussion in good time so you are able to include how your learning has benefited users of the services you provide.
- Peer discussion form and guidance- for practising having a peer discussion
- Peer discussion guidance - for pharmacy professionals
- Peer discussion guidance - for peers
- Peer discussion guidance - for employers
Research shows that a simple approach to CPD recording encourages reflective practice. We want you to complete four CPD entries a year, of which at least two must be planned.
- Planned CPD form and guidance for recording your activity offline
- Unplanned CPD form and guidance for recording your activity offline
Example revalidation records
Sector based examples
|Hospital pharmacy||Planned learning||Unplanned learning||Peer discussion||Reflective account|
|Community pharmacy||Planned learning||Unplanned learning||Peer discussion||Reflective account|
|Primary care pharmacy||Planned learning||Unplanned learning||Peer discussion||Reflective account|
|Education and training||Planned learning||Unplanned learning||Peer discussion||Reflective account|
|Advisory / regulatory / government||Planned learning||Unplanned learning||Peer discussion||Reflective account|
|Industrial pharmacy, purchasing and distribution||Planned learning||Unplanned learning||Peer discussion||Reflective account|
|Mental health pharmacy||Planned learning||Unplanned learning||Peer discussion||Reflective account|
|Military pharmacy||Planned learning||Unplanned learning||Peer discussion||Reflective account|
Role based examples
|Management and leadership roles||Planned learning||Unplanned learning||Peer discussion||Reflective account|
|Locum||Planned learning||Unplanned learning||Peer discussion||Reflective account|
You may be able to get advice about completing revalidation from:
- your employer
- your professional body, including the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS), and the Association of Pharmacy Technicians UK (APTUK)
- Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education (CPPE)
- NHS Education for Scotland (NES)
- Welsh Centre of Pharmacy Professional Education (WCPPE)
- UK Clinical Pharmacy Association (UKCPA)
- Primary Care Pharmacy Association (PCPA)
- Other learning and development organisations or communities that you may be a part of