Please note that this consultation is now closed.
The consultation was based on our proposed guidance for pharmacist prescribers to make sure they provide safe and effective care when prescribing.
The guidance sets out nine key areas that relate to the provision of safe and effective prescribing. Pharmacist prescribers should consider the first eight areas when prescribing, to ensure safe and effective care. These are:
- taking responsibility for prescribing safely
- keeping up to date and prescribing within your level of competence
- working in partnership with other healthcare professionals and people seeking care
- prescribing in certain circumstances
- prescribing non-surgical cosmetic medicinal products
- remote prescribing
- safeguards for the remote prescribing of certain medicines
- raising concerns
Section 9 deals with information for pharmacy owners and employers of pharmacist prescribers.