Before you report a concern
This page provides access to the key points you need to consider before filling in the online form to report a concern.
Our role is to protect patients and the public and give them assurance that they will receive safe and effective care when using pharmacy services.
We carefully review and assess all reported concerns before determining whether we need to begin an investigation.
What we will and won’t investigate
We only investigate serious concerns about pharmacists, pharmacy technicians or pharmacies, where there may be a risk to patient safety or the public confidence in pharmacy could be affected.
See our 'Investigating concerns' page (opens on a separate tab) for more details on what we do and don't investigate.
Who else can help
Before you report a concern to us, we want you to be sure we are the right organisation to contact about your issue. Please use this link to check if you should report your concern to another organisation instead (opens on a separate tab).
Are you reporting a concern for someone else?
You can raise a concern on behalf of a child under 18 if you are their parent or legal guardian. If you are reporting a concern on behalf of someone over 18 years old, we will need to have their consent for you to act on their behalf.
What information we need from you
Please give as much information as you can when you complete our online concerns form. This will help us to decide quickly if we need to investigate, and the best way to begin our investigation.
You will need:
- the name of the pharmacist, pharmacy technician or pharmacy you want to report a concern about (if you know them)
- the date (or rough date) that the incident (or incidents) happened
- details of the incident – such as the place where the incident happened, what you feel was wrong, and what happened as a result
- details of anyone else you have reported this concern to
- electronic copies (for example, scanned images or photos from your phone) of any documents connected with your concern. (You will be able to send these to us later if you don’t have them now)
If you have specific communication needs or if you have questions about filling in the form please call us on 020 3713 8000.
Important: You cannot save the form and come back to it later, so make sure you have everything you need before you start.
Need to know more before going ahead? Use the following links for full details:
It is important you understand how we investigate and manage concerns before reporting a concern. Use the links below to do so (all links below open on separate tabs):
- How we will use your information
- Who else can help
- How we deal with concerns
- Investigating concerns
- Managing concerns: guidance and resources
- What we mean by fitness to practise
Once you’ve learnt more about the process, you can proceed to fill in this form: